Human trafficking is an evil, and it is easy to feel hopeless in the face of it. Sometimes it seems as though human trafficking is too terrible and pervasive to fight, and that nothing can be done.
This is not true. Libertas Home is working towards a future where victims of human trafficking can transform into survivors, reclaiming their dignity and future. We are working to educate at-risk children, and empower concerned adults to intervene and advocate for the vulnerable. You can help support this mission.
Libertas Home is hosting March Forth, a month-long virtual fitness event. Swim, run, cycle, dance, or simply move your way towards helping us raise funds for a trafficking safe house… and get a free t-shirt just for signing up.
“Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, and please the widow’s cause,” Isaiah 1:17 tells us. Take part in this mission. Be the Guardian that the vulnerable need.
How March Forth and Libertas Home Will Help
- This is your chance to meaningfully contribute to the fight against human trafficking. This is an ongoing battle… but we are not powerless. Simply wearing the t-shirt can help bring awareness to this issue. Human trafficking lives in the dark.
- Engage with others, from around the globe, who share your passion for justice!
- Participating in March Forth helps raise funds for the Libertas Home Safe House. Eventually, we hope to provide shelter and healing to victims of self trafficking here in the DC area.
How to Participate in March Forth
- Register on RunSignup
- Set up a fundraising page.
- Share on social media, and spread the word to your friends and family!
- Get a free t-shirt!
What Else Can You Do to Help Libertas Home?
- Volunteer! We have a lot of opportunities, and are always open to ideas. Learn more here.
- Sign up for email updates. We send out regular updates with information about upcoming events and fundraising opportunities that may interest you!
- Spread the word on social media! You can use the hashtag #MarchForth when posting about us (and don’t forget to tag us in the post!).
If you want to participate, all you need to do is sign up here!
If you have any questions or comments about the event, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!